1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reauthorizing dual layer disks

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cwchops, Feb 27, 2005.

1. cwchops

cwchops Member

I'm currently using dvddecrypter for a backup. This creates a file which I send to DVD Shrink 3.2. Using the re-authorizing option, I'm just backing up the movie, which works just fine. My question is, there are two files to use as main movie, both on superficial inspection are identical ( I'd assume because they are from a dual format disk ). Whats the diference, I've just picked the larger before and it worked fine, but I'd like to know what I'm missing and if I can somehow integrate the two with maybee another type of software like re author. Thanks

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

cwchops--
    Many times if there are 2 files that are the main movie--then one is wide-screen and one is full screen--I have also seen this on "flipper" disks, where one side is wide and the other is full--you can preview either or both in Shrink and choose the one you prefer.
    Also, I believe, sometimes it is a different camera angle--again use the preview function--have fun

Whitfield