1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rebooting my bios

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kenio8185, Apr 23, 2007.

1. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

Ever since my hdd had a virus that i can't get rid of (although people have helped me out online and thx to those people but none of your ideas worked), i remembered that I had a previous HDD, a SATA one. Anyways i took it out because for some reason my bios stopped reading SATA HDD's. In other words it used to work but stopped for some reason. If i plug in the SATA HDD then the computer takes forever to turn on. So I put it aside incase of my IDE HDD would get a virus and screw up. So i figure i can get the bios to read the SATA HDD if i flash (i think thats the term). Anyways i need to basically reformat or reboot the bios. so ya thats my story and what i need.

I think this is the comp spec i need to give:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+

So what do i do?

2. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

Here is the info i think u will need to help get me a site to upgrade or flash my bios. I've looked over the net and can't find a site, can some1 here plz help?

Program: eSupport.com BIOS Agent Version 3.63
    BIOS Date: 03/03/05
    BIOS Type: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
    BIOS ID: 03/03/2005-K8T890-8237-A8V-E
    OEM Sign-On: ASUS A8V-E DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision 1004
    Chipset: VIA 82C238 rev 0
    Superio: Unknown
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ 1854 Mhz MAX: 3700 Mhz
    BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
    BIOS ROM Size: 512K
    Memory Installed: 1024 MB
    Memory Maximum: 4096 MB
    Memory Slot 01: 0 MB
    Memory Slot 02: 0 MB
    Memory Slot 03: 1024 MB
    Memory Slot 04: 0 MB
    ACPI Revision: 1.0

eSupport.com, Inc.
    1-800-800-BIOS (2467)
    www.esupport.com

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You probably either need to enable the sata drive in the bios (somewhere in system>drives) or you need to install the motherboard drivers.

Just have a root around in the bios settings first. That bios supports sata drives.

4. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

well i know it supports SATA because the SATA HDD used to work on it. Anyways i took out a jumper pin thing that was on the HDD to reset the bios. And ya it reseted (now in the bios it gives the option to put a SATA HDD in which stopped before when the comp stopped reading the SATA HDD in the past) but the SATA HDD still isn't being read properly. Can u tell me how to fix it?

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Sonnds like the drive itself if faulty, or isn't configured properly.

Can you run scandisk on it?