1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuilder removes Titles without permission

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by omegaman7, Sep 22, 2009.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

This is one of the strangest Rebuilds I've ever done. Note how the source files(ripped by Anydvd 6.5.7.4) contain Title 18, but upon completion, it is missing from the rendered Files/Image. I suppose it is possible, that it simply removed redundancies that were no longer needed? I have seen dvd structures that were arranged in such a way as a possible detour. Basically, VERY difficult to compress while maintaining quality. But Rebuilder recognizes this tactic? Or did rebuilder simply screw up? Any and all opinions VERY welcome LOL! Pretty large screenshot, so I'll post a direct link.
    http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww302/omegaman7/BattleForTerraOddity.png

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I have to say that pic that you showed looks very interesting. I've never run a recorded program through DVD Shrink again to see what the outcome was. But then again, I don't use DVD Shrink!

DVD-RB will reduce my file size to the size I set for it to reduce. This leaves me with a couple of questions...

1) Why are you using DVD Shrink, unless it is a way to remove certain aspects of the original DVD before you encode it?

2) I notice that the final of your project is only 4151 MB when it is finished.

3) Are you shrinking before you run DVD-RB? That would leave me with a big WHY?

4) Your pictures don't really specify if you used Shink to possibly remove that particular title. However, even if you did remove it, without a restructure of the DVD then it should still be there.

Are you sure that you are using DVD Shrink to remove items from the movie, then burning a full copy to the HDD before running DVD-RB?

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I use Dvd shrink for 2 reasons alone.

1. I've heard that it compresses cartoons better than both CCE and HC encoders.
    2. It has a nice compact window for posting just what the dvd contains. I suppose I could have made the windows smaller...

Sometimes however I'll compress the living Crud out of the menus(im aware of menushrink). I've noticed that Dvdshrink does extremely well with menus even at HIGH compression. Most menus don't animate much.

I did NOT use dvd shrink first. I have had troubles in the past with rerunning files through rebuilder, after they've been ran through shrink. Never when I encode just the menus though. Dvd shrink simply lets me see the dvd structure for what it is. Its a very familiar program to me :D

So once again, im somewhat baffled as to where the title 18 went LOL!