1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rebuilding 3d blu ray

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by digital81, Sep 19, 2011.

1. digital81

digital81 Member

Hi,
    Just ripped a 3d blu ray to my hdd, and the size is 2x the disc. Did some research and found it's because of the ssif files when extracted (some sort of dummy file that doesn't really take up the space on the disc). What i was wondering was, if i've extracted and encoded the h264 files to fit on a bd25, can i just mux them back into the mt2s file (replacing the older bigger stream) then burn the disc or build an iso to burn without doing anything to the ssif files or do i need to edit them on my hdd in some way first?

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

maybe the dummy files can be removed, are they necessary for a *correct* playable bluray?
    are there softwares that allow re-encoding of 3d HD streams (like of MKV or Mp4 for instance) to a proper bluray format? as a last resort, would your image fit on a Dual Layer BD? Just brainstorming really; I have no definitive answer for you right now.