1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiver not outputting sound from laptop

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by DGK, May 1, 2011.

1. DGK

DGK Member

Ok, I'm pretty good at this stuff - at least I think I am - but for some reason I just can't seem to figure this one out. Here's what I'm trying to do.

1. Use laptop as media device - netflix
    2. HDMI out to back of YAMAHA RX-V467 receiver.
    3. HMDI out from back of receiver, to TV.

Now I can get the video to be processed through the receiver, but the sound won't. The only sound I get is what's coming from the laptop. I'm thinking there has to be some kind of setting on my sound card in the laptop that is keeping this from happening. I've look around everywhere on the laptop and I have no idea what the problem is. Why is it that the video is being sent to the TV, but the audio won't go? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Receiver used - YAMAHA RX-V467
    TV - Samsung LN37A550

2. DGK

DGK Member

Wow, this forum sure isn't what it use to be.

3. DGK

DGK Member

Any one??? Are there even mods here anymore? Does this sub section of the forum stay pretty dead?

4. DGK

DGK Member

?????????????????????????????????????

5. hyemark

hyemark Member

hey i am having the same problem and havent been able to solve it. One forum i saw mentioned something about upgrading the hdmi out driver on the laptop. i dont even know what that means or how to do that.

if you figure something out, please post so that i can solve this too. i will do the same. i also emailed yamaha support to see what they have to say.