1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recent Frequency Change questions.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by diver79, Aug 18, 2007.

1. diver79

diver79 Member

Hi all, first off I'd like to say thanks to all those who spend their time helping others on this site. I havent posted much but the information on here has helped me out numerous times. Well done and keep up the good work.

My question relates to the recent N*L frequency change in Ireland. I am assuming this was an atempt to disrupt starview users. If so, is this approach and the previous code changes we've seen the only methods they have to limit the use of digital receivers, or is there a chance they can somehow block the box's altogether?

Ihave heard that the overall plan is to decomission cable signals. I am not worried about this as I'd say it will take many a year to complete.

I have several box's in circulation and am apphrensive to continue supplying them if they will eventually become useless. I dont mind as long as there is a workaround available though.

Once again thanks for your assistance.

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

I dont think there is much more that they can do because their 'legal' customers are starting to comlain about their service.
    All their messing around is affecting the customers boxes.
    In order to make a big change they would have to overhaul their entire system and change from nagravision to something else !

3. madspoon

madspoon Member

If they do ever stop it you should only be supplying the Boxes under that remit. Every one that I have supplied I have made sure that people know the score as it were.

I am only responsible for the hardware....and thats for a year. In saying that I have no problem updating peoples or re doing their favourites but you can be damn sure they know that some day the magic might just stop working... and if they don't understand that point. They no get one!

4. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Thats exactly how I do it too madspoon . Some people spend a few bob on a box and expect it to last a life time !