1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rechargeable batteries normal?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by sorrow93, Jan 24, 2007.

1. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

I have a Kodak c330 digital camera using rechargeable UniRoss 2500 mAh on a 1hr uniross sprint charger - sometimes the batteries last a considerable time but I used the mutliple red-eye flash and reviewed heavily not so long back and the battery low warning came up.
    is this normal? Should I limit the use of the flash and also zooming in and out - over reviewing pictures?
    I assume if I had been taking daylight pictures and not reviewing so heavilly they would have lasted alot longer.
    I probably took over ten red-eye flash pics and got the low warning on freshly charged batteries

2. behrad

behrad Regular member

It goes without question that the more you use flash , pre flash, zooming back and forth as well as reviewing, the faster you are discharging the batteries.

Certainly, if you shoot in the day light and without flash, your power will last a longer time.

What I am concerned with is the length of time, you are charging the batteries for. Normally, you should be charging rechargeables battries for a lot longer. The aim is to trickle charge the units over about 6-8 hours not in one hour!!!

3. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

thankyou for the reply and helpful info I was reviewing heavilly (bad habit) and zooming in and out of the review plus red-eye double flash.
    You raise a good point I am concerned at my 1hr "sprint charger" it seems too fast too good to be true.
    I saw an Energiser charger that takes about 15 hours to charge the same type I would rather spend that time knowing the task was done properly.
    I might invest in the longer charger it was only $22

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

also completely discharge the batteries before charging as they'll last longer

5. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

thankyou behrad and ddp you gave some helpful advice

6. ddp

teach & learn

7. behrad

behrad Regular member

precisely ddp,

That is a very good motto for life!

Me, I am always learning from this and other sources and If I can help another person along the way, well, that would be my pleasure :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  8. ddp

we'll be teaching & learning till the day we die

9. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

thankyou to you two - I couldn't help but think of this lyric/quote
    give a man a fish he will eat for a day
    teach him how to fish he will eat forever

10. ireland

ireland Active member

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.

Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

A man is one who can't wait ten seconds for a woman but can wait all day for a fish.

In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish.

Sea water is the purest and most polluted: for fish it is drinkable and life-giving; for men, not drinkable and destructive.

11. behrad

behrad Regular member

nice quotes ireland.

The one about waiting around is so spot on. My wifes thinks it is odd for me to sit for a few hours by the side of the lake waiting for fish but not willing to sit and watch a program on TV.

I see no issues with that.
    :)