1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reciever, Passive sub, bi amp speakers

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by zonedout, Jan 23, 2013.

1. zonedout

zonedout Member

Hey guys, This might be more of an excercise in improvisation than anything else, but I bought these items from a yard sale, and I wonder if anyone would advise, what would be the best way to hook them up ?

I have;
    Sony STR DE575 Reciever
    DBX subwoofer with two drivers
    2 Panasonic SB-AK330 stereo speakers

The reciever has connections for 5 speakers plus the sub connection is a phono type for an active sub
    The speakers are 5 ohm 90watt they look like they came from a bi-amped system as each one has 4 wires
    The sub looks like an old DBX Soundfield passive sub woofer it has two downward firing drivers they look about 8" It has Left and Right input connections and Left and Right output connections. It also has two glass fuses on the back by the speaker connections
    I took some pictures:

[​IMG]
    Sony Reciever
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DBX Sub
    [​IMG]

Panasonic Bi Amp Speakers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. Kirkn

Kirkn Newbie

I inherited an identical DBX Sub Speaker Cabinet, but No amp or anything to go with it. Guessing that it's a DBX 15" Subwoofer Speaker. The best that I can tell, there's a big 15" speaker mounted facing down. Haven't been able to find any specification information, just the small "bdx" emblem. Would / could anyone steer me in the right direction toward utilizing the speaker? Thanks, Kirkn