1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recode cannot compile - import titles from my DVDs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by livegod, Feb 25, 2007.

1. livegod

livegod Member

Hello all,

I am trying to compile a DVD from various DVDs - home movies to send to my mom...

Ive copied the VIDEO_TS folders to the hard drive, but when I go to import titles in Recode2, the folder appears empty, but it is not, it plays in my DVD player as a dvd an there are files in the VIDEO_TS folders.

When I use the same DVD disk in Recode to encode to nero digital, guess what, the files are there and I can open them and play them in recode!?!?

Anyone know whats going on there?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

2. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

you need nerovision and not nero recode.

3. livegod

livegod Member

Hello Guyy

Thanks for the response, but isnt Recode exactly for that? There are instructions to do it as I am trying to do it in the help files, you should be able to choose chapters to compile a new DVD.

What will nerovision do that recode will not (for my use that is)

Thanks,
    Mark.

4. Guyy

Guyy Newbie

Hello Mark,

As you are "trying to compile a DVD from various 'home movie' DVDs" you'll need nerovision, because after ripping the dvds onto your drive, you'll be needing to edit out stuff you don't want from each video clip and you'll be needing to create a menu & chapters. Nero vision allows you to do this, not recode.

nero recode is more for making back ups of your dvds

5. livegod

livegod Member

Hi there again,
    HMM editing.
    thats my work!
    I dont want to edit it, i just want to take a chapter here, a chapter there and compile a new DVD which is what recode should be able to do, or at least what it says it can do.
    The editing software I use at work can import vob files and i can make dvd chapters etc using adobe encore, but i dont want to spend a whole day compiling home movies!!!

If there is some other application for doing what i want, id be greatful to find out. Thanks again,

Mark.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

You should be able to add video titles to both Nero Recode and Nero Vision! Nero Recode can add multiple DVDs that run consecutively one after the other... this is how you put a double sided DVD onto one! So it should work with each folder when you IMPORT TITLES. Make sure that Recode is set for DVD VIDEO FILES and not DATA DVD FILES!

7. livegod

livegod Member

Hello IHoe, thanks for the reply.

I have it set to DVD video files, but it sees nothing in the disk. Some disks do show up with stuff on them, but most appear to have nothing... I wonder if it is sensitive about disks which are DVD-RW and DVD+RW?

Thanks again,
    PS,
    is there any other app you know of which will combine small camcorder DVD disks onto one bigger disk?
    Cheers,
    Mark.