1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomendation for Media Player.

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by jedipunk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jedipunk

jedipunk Member

Hello my friends. I am here making this thread because I need your help on telling me which is the best player. I am using right now my PS3 with the PS3 Media Server. It works great and I really like it. BUT there is one problem.

CINAVIA

As many of you know this has been a problem for a lot of people. Anyways I've been to the stores and have been looking at different Media Players. Of course the SONY one is out of the question because of the same reason above. And no one in the stores can answer my questions about the players. Which are:

Will the player/server plays all files ? Example: .mkv, .avi etc. . .
    Does the player enables the subtitles in the folder ? .srt .sub
    Will it be compatible with the PS3MediaServer or Do i have to use another ?

Please Help Me choose which is the best :) IT will be appreciated.

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

I can tell you for a non-network solution the brite-View Playtime (BV-3100) does some nice stuff. The hardware quality is not so durable. but format-wise it does a lot. It plays DVD and BD iso's. There is some known issue with subtitles, which affects a lot of anime fans. There are other products from the same company that have "transmission" capabilities.