1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend A Case??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bmxer4lyf, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Bmxer4lyf - - thanks on the vid card; that Biatch cost me 404 bills. OUCH! But, it's well worth it. I've been enjoying Doom3, Video's/DVD's and benchmarking tests with it. The Superscaler 16-pipe architecture is pretty awesome along with the UltraShadowII Technology and Full speed 32-bit color precision.

2. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Yeah, its an awsume card man, is it the 6800GT Ultra? or just 6800GT?

3. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

No sir, it's the plain old vanilla eVGA (.com) e-GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3; I am selling it within the next 3-6 months and will upgrade to the 6800 GT Ultra (don't tell my wife!). I had to leave some room for improvement; I then want to match the Ultra with my current card and see comparisons with my benchmarks, Doom3 and Half Life 2. .... awesome "eye" candy.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

blackmail material, starbuck!!!!

5. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

ddp -- You wouldn't. Would you? DOH! Thank goodness, my wife, Karen isn't an aD member, then, I could be "up the creek without a paddle".

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

there are ways of informing her!!!!

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My case is the Antec plusview 1000 server case. No PSU. I prefer to select my own, thank you!!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Antec_Cases.html

I like it, there is a lot of space, but my Gainward 6800 card is mighty close to my Raptor HD. It is a big card though!!, And I do have 3HDs in my PC.
    I have lots of UVs, coloured fans, UV reactive leads & the usual crap that is available to waste your money on. I think she is quite pretty, but I would, wouldn't I?

Pulsar

8. abhi63

abhi63 Member

p4_tt,

Where did you get that case for 30 pounds from? I live in the UK and am also looking for a new case. I am focusing more on cooling than looks than, as I am planning on overclocking.

Thanks.