1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend software

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by maritimer, Apr 27, 2007.

1. maritimer

maritimer Member

Hi all,

I was hoping for some suggestion regarding `all in one` software. By saying that I mean any software that can convert and burn most formats (mainly AVI and DIVX) to a playable DVD.

I read many of the guides kindly put together on the Afterdawn website, however they require a bunch of other utilities, encoders etc to work.

Is there anything that can do all this, just one piece of software, free or commercial (not too much!)?

I`ve never done this before, which is why I was looking for the easy route!

Thanks.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Have a look at VSO ConvertXtoDVD, in my opinion the best 1 step program there is but the trial will leave a watermark in your video. You could also look at WinAvi.

3. maritimer

maritimer Member

Thanks for that. After two attempts, the third conversion and burn worked just great.

It was a bit of trial and error finding the settings so that my DVD player would accept them.

I realised for the first two it was being converted as PAL, when my old DVD player only runs NTSC. Third time I set the output for NTSC and it came out great. The picture quality was very good, better than I expected.

I did have one question however. If for example I have a download that is two seperate avi/divx files (or other format) because it is two seperate original source dvd/cd`s. What would be the best way to convert and burn these so they play well in my standalone player?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007