1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended xbox modchips

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by alanka, Jan 24, 2005.

1. alanka

alanka Guest

Well I was trying to figure out a bunch of stuff about modchips. I was wondering if anyone could, or would recommend a specific modchip. I know there are different chips for the different xbox versions. I have to get a star shaped screw driver to get into my xbox to check the version. But none the less, any info or recommendations would be very helpful. Thx a bunch.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2005
  2. rastasker

rastasker Guest

you should try a spider my friends works great! even solderless.

3. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

alanka,
    You dont have to open your xbox to determine the version you have. You go to the xbox dash and to settings and it will scroll down to show what version you have.Once you have those codes you can look up your version.If you look at the sticker on the bottom if your mfd is in the 2004's you probably have a 1.6
    My suggestion is for you to get a xenium ice solderless. Easy to put in and lots of support from fellow xenium owners.

4. tipotip

tipotip Member

I would go for the Xenium ICE. Best mod in the market.

The spider chip has many issues. They have repeatedly appologised to the public. To be on the safe side I would stay clear of that one.

5. alanka

alanka Guest

thx a bunch. I did hear somewhere on the internet that going with the sticker isn't always 100 percent effective. I just wanna be sure that i have the right version before i spend $. you know usual buyer mombo-jumbo. Anyway, im going to go with ice solderless. what is solderless btw i havent heard of that before. I hate sounding like a newbie but sometimes it just has to happen. thx for the posts though bye

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2005
  6. tipotip

tipotip Member

www.teamxodus.com

you can read all about there new solderless adaptor.

:)