1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recorded tv shows on dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by devils89, Jan 20, 2005.

1. devils89

devils89 Member

hi there. i just bought a tv tuner, and i have recorded some tv shows at dvd quality and mpeg2 format and all. each file though is like 1 gig. now, i have nero vision express and can make dvd's using that. thats not the hard part. however, if i put say like 5 or 6 episodes on a dvd-r disk, will nero automatically compress it to fit? also, can i, say, put one show on the dvd, burn it, and then later on put another episode on? i doubt it but there's always a chance. im mainly concerned if nero will automatically compress it if i put more on. Thanks.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Are you wanting compression, or are you trying to avoid it? That's not clear from your post.

I don't think NeroVision Express itself will compress the project files to fit the dvd. That's the role of Nero Recode. 1 gig sounds about right for an hour of TV, so you should be able to fit four of them on a dvd.

If you are wanting 5 or 6, and need compression, while I haven't yet tried it, I think you could use NeroVision Express to create the source DVD files (i.e. the VIDEO_TS folder and contents), ignorning the warnings about being over the 4.7 G size limit for a DVD, and then use dvd shrink or nero recode to compress the files to fit on a dvd5.

3. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Actually, NeroVision does compress the files. Perhaps Recode works from within Nerovision, because I have been able to squeeze 6 episodes onto a disk (without using an outside program), and when I get the warning mentioned above, it asks me if I want to use a different quality level. I end up going to Standard Play and it fits all the files. I should caution, you, however that putting 6 episodes onto one disk may not only burn out to the edge (which can potentially create other problems) but will probably reduce the quality of your source files. I get good results by keeping it to 4 episodes.

P

4. devils89

devils89 Member

thanks, ill try it our.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

NVE does compress how ever much video you put in it. It has setting kind of like the VHS LP, SP, EP & SLP.