1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording an audio CD image with Nero 5.5.10.7b

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bennygsh, Feb 26, 2003.

1. bennygsh

bennygsh Member

Under the 'read options' tab, I used to be able to tick 'use jitter correction' but now it's greyed out. Anyone knows how I can get it to work again?

Speaking of which, what are the recommended read options when copying an audio CD with Nero? I would love to use EAC but it can't detect my drive's read features. If anyone has the settings I need for a Samsung CDRW/DVD SN-324B, please help out.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

bennygsh: > I would love to use EAC but it can't detect my drive's read features.

If you have correct read offset for at least one of your drives AND if you're able to write with EAC, it should be possible to detect your write offset correctly:

Burn a .wav file (or some .wav files) to an Audio CD-R(W) with EAC.
    Rip the burned CD with your read-offset-corrected drive.
    Compare the original .wav and the ripped in a wave editor like CoolEdit to see how many samples are added/substracted. This will be the write offset.
    Burn and rip again with corrected offset to see if nothing's wrong (+/- confusion ...).

If you don't have a read-offset-corrected drive, you could find out combined offset the same way.

FYI: There's a new drive features' database similar to http://www.ping.be/satcp/eacoffsets01.htm

It will be updated regularly. You can submit your drive features here:

http://www.hilfe-stellung.de/eac/offset-mail.htm

BTW: Is there any offset correction in Nero? Is it any good (and as exact as in EAC)?

-edited: Multipy sample difference by 4 = WRONG for EAC - confused Plextools & EAC - sorry.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2003