1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording Eurovox2008 using Philips DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by nealos, Feb 4, 2008.

1. nealos

nealos Member

Hey,

i have spent last hour or so reading the forums for similar issues and can't find a solution although Starv*ew returns a few similar problems.

I am trying to Record off my Eurovox2008 using my Philips DVD recorder. I am having trouble when i complete an "Auto Scan" (On the dvd player) as it is not showing up with the 1 channel would be the Eurovox station.

================
    1. DVD to TV
    2. SV to TV
    3. DVD to SV

Then your incoming cable into SV "Cable Input"
    And Coax Cable from SV to DVD
    ==================================
    That was the advice i have found to do it using a SV box but i have a few problem with it.

- I have 2 Scarts on my TV, 1 i use for Xbox360 and 1 for DVD. I am wondering why it is necessary to use 2 Scarts to the TV?

So i guess i am wondering if anyone has tried the SV setup with the eurovox and has it working?
    ALSO is there a way to do it without having to unplug my xbox all the time?

cheers for any help!

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You will need your DVD Scart to go to the TV , PLUS your EV Scart to the TV , Also you will need a 3rd Scart to connect the EV and DVD together to record .

Put your EV on the channel you want to record and put your DVD cahnnel on the TV and it should work :)

Thats the way I have mine set up and I never had a problem

3. nealos

nealos Member

Hey guys, just in case anyone else has this problem and never found a solution - or like me ; )), stumbled across what CELTIC was trying to explain ... i got it working.

- The Philips has a "SOURCE" button when you connect it like Celtic has explained, it changes from TV/CAM1/Cam2/AV1/AV2!!! thats what your looking for, the Av2 option ... then you can record until your hearts content!

ALSO - i asked originally why we needed 2 SCARTS going to the TV from both the eurovox AND the DVD - the answer i think is - you don't. I took the one out from AV1 (TV) and disconnected from Eurovox and it still works.

Happy days ... (Cheers CELTIC!)

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Glad you got it working :)

Well I explained the best I could as I havent got a Ph1lips Recorder lol but I presumed it would be roughly the same set up :)

Well done