1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording help

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by hoppnjoe, Sep 27, 2004.

1. hoppnjoe

hoppnjoe Member

i new at this im using a sansui model # vrdvd 4005 it will record using tdk dvd-rw 2x and play in 4 differant players and when i use the tdk dvd-r will burn but will not play in any player but the recorder.
    i want to go to my pc to make the movies but nned to know what is the best i can use that will play in most players. my pc is a sony p111 866mhz 386 ram 2 drives c 14 gigs and d 26 gig, has a dvd usb 1.2, it has a dvd player now heres the big ? what is a great burner and software that WILL PLAY IN MOST DVD PLAYERS. what all do i need to do to use my pc. thanks for anyhelp.

2. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

With my recorder Philip's 75-17 if I use a RW it automatically close the DVD and it will play in anything but if I use a DVD-R or DVD+R I need to close the DVD before it will be allowed to work in other DVD players.

Look at the beginning menu for and option to title the DVD somewhere it should say something like close or lock the DVD, once it's closed or locked it should be able to play in other players.

When I place a DVD in my recorder it goes to a menu with selections for veiwing content, I need to hit up on the selection screen which brings me to and area where I can title and lock the DVD.

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

1) Have more patience. We are all here on our free time.
    RE: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/112282

2) The reason your not getting any/help is because your posting in the wrong places. From your first post in this thread this is your question
    So where do you post? In "DVD recorders
    Planning to purchase a stand-alone DVD recorder? Or maybe you have a question or comment related to your DVD recorder? This is the right place for those messages."

You should have posted in DVD-R Newbies.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 3.06GHz HT
    1.5 GB Rambus PC 1066, 700GB HD
    NEC 2510A, Sony 1612, Plextor Premium
    XP Pro SP2, ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro[/small]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member