1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording PVR files from external usb hard drive to DVD drive on my computer

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by robynn, Jan 30, 2010.

1. robynn

robynn Member

Hi i have a hd set top box with pvr function so i connected a usb external hard drive to it so that i can record tv. it had to be formatted to a fat32 file before i could record to it. i am now having trouble transfering it so that i can record it to a dvd from my computer. i took the usb external hard drive connected it to my computer and the programs i recorded are in a pvr file i have tried almost everything to get it to record to a dvd.
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

You might need a program that can decode the pvr files. Try the demo of videredotvsuite, see if that can open them for you. videoredo can open many of the pvr tabletop files.

3. robynn

robynn Member

i'll give that a try and see how i go i have tried already Replay converter, Projectx,and most of the programs in Nero premun 7, AVS4YOU,win AVI converter, so i will see how i go and let you know thank you. :)

4. robynn

robynn Member

Well Gave VideoReDo TVSuite ago and seems to be working, i have yet to try and burn it but it will open it up and can edit on there heaps happy. also would you be able to tell me what this file is or how to open this file : 20100130_05-16-39_ABC HDTV__00.$ts$1.pts i know the first part is date and program channell recorded but not sure about after it says _ABC HDTV_ i think it a pts file but not sure what that is. thank you once again so happy

5. jab350

jab350 Member

Can you tell me how to activate the usb port on the hd pvr? Mine is not activated.

6. robynn

robynn Member

i just plugged mine into my compter and rad that i had a new device and whamm it worked. with the set top box i had to have it formatted as a fat 32 other wise i think my set top box would reconise it. im not sure if all usb hard drive that are soning to a set top box do all have to be a fat32 but i rang that place i brought my set top box from. i have a Verbatim USB 2.0 500 GB External Hard drive and i have a Akai Hd PVR function set top box. My set top box wasnt able to handle anything bigger than 500GB hard drive tho
    I hope that help you

7. jab350

jab350 Member

But this is a sagem hd pvr 101st. Did you connect usb to usb or what.

8. robynn

robynn Member

yeah usb to usb on set top box and and usb to usb to computer

9. jab350

jab350 Member

After you connected with usb, what did you do then. You must have had some sort of program or hd pvr update???????????