1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording stops when there is a gap

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bklyn1028, Jan 6, 2005.

1. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

i just got plextor's mx402u...nice unit, however if there is a gap (trying to burn old home vhs movies to dvd) in the tape, the intervideo windvd software stops. Anyone know of any preference, (i have looked can't find it) to keep the recording going even if there is a video gap in the tape, would hate to sit there for hours and hours.

2. bobalu

bobalu Guest

Yes, There is a checkbox in the configuration settings (the wrench next to the big TV). I cannot remember the wording, but it is something to the effect of stop if the video goes bad. When there is no video or bad video, it sees it and stops. This is a good thing if you leave the room and forget to come back. However, you need to record without gaps (use end search on a camcorder). I had a Sony camcorder go bad on me and the tape I made has gaps and lots of shots of my feet when it wouldn't shut off. I am not looking forward to editing it.