1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording to dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by checks, Oct 21, 2006.

1. checks

checks Member

Hi all.

Is it possible to record from a dbox to a dvd recorder?

If so do I need any special program?

2. gcol

gcol Member

I'm assuming that you're talking about a dvd recorder that would normally accompany a tv and not a dvd recorder on a pc. If so, then all you need is to run the scart lead from the dbox to the dvd recorder then from the recorder to the tv.
    If you want to record to a pc dvd recorder then I can't help you I'm afraid.

3. codymax

codymax Member

Hey if you've got a TiVo or DVR you can hook up the rca outputs to your dvd recorder and transfer the programs/movies that way, just remember the longer the time settings on the disc your burning the crappier the picture youre gonna have. I would'nt reccomend recording over 4 hours because it tends to have a lot of pixelation.

4. checks

checks Member

This is what I have done ran a scart lead to the DVD recorder (one you use with a TV) from Dbox and another scart from DVD recorder to TV. Then I can play DVD’s I can use the Dbox and watch channels but I cannot get Dbox and DVD recorder to see each other as in doing a channel\source search from the DVD recorder. So I can record from the Dbox to DVD recorder as I would normally be able to do with standard cable box.