1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording VHS To VCD, w/ this set up:

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by goreguts, Sep 16, 2004.

1. goreguts

goreguts Guest

Srry, hit enter by accident, I want to know what is a good Computer for recording VHS to VCD that costs me under 2000.00 and I dont have to spend more money on (Except if I need to buy an adapter to bypass macrovision) Please let me know what there is, How Id go about recording, I need to know everything. Ill be recording full length movies that are on Maxell Pro P/I T120 cassettes (So I dont even know if they have macrovision).

I was thinking along the lines of getting the Sony Vaio RS Series affordable Entertainment PC:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...sseriesdesktops&Dept=cpu_VAIODesktopComputers

Thats just each PC in the series, can anyone suggest which is best? or perhaps a diff. PC? Thanks.

Please let me know about everything I may possibly need to know, in simple english if you dont mind, Im not good with crazy big words.

Thanks in advance and sorry about being such a noob.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2004
  2. turkey

turkey Regular member

generally, i would not recommend buying a sony, simply because you pay extra just to have the name "SONY" stamped on the front of the case. but honestly, $2000 is alot of money to spend on any computer you are not sure will do the job you want it to do. so what i would recommend is doing some reading and research in order to come a desision about what will, and what won't work. and of course, the good folks here at Afterdawn will help you along the way... :)

here is a link to a previous thread that will at least get you started.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105227

also i noticed you said you want to make VCD's rather then DVD's. just keep in mind that you will be hard pressed to fit a full length VHS movie on a VCD, where this is no problem for a DVD. and i think that if you are going to buy a new computer it should be able to make DVD's...

happy hunting...