1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording with starview pvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rsnewman, Dec 27, 2007.

1. rsnewman

rsnewman Guest

Hi, does anybody know how to record one channel and watch (or record) another channel at the same time?
    The manual says it can be done but doesn't tell you how!!!
    I think it must have lost something in translation from korean to mandarin to polish to gaelic to english ;)
    Any help with this would be really appreciated.

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    To start with you need the loop cable in between the two tuners.
    First make sure you put the main cable supply input into the correct socket at the back ( there are 6 in all, so easy to get wrong ) the 4 together are the important ones. You need a short loop cable maybe supplied with your box. Top right = Main cable in, top left = Tuner 1 loop cable out, Bottom right = Tuner 2 loop cable input. Bottom left = empty.
    Then set one channel recording by pressing the red record button on your remote(3rd up from bottom on right) then change channel and watch or press record the other. Press the i (info) button on remote and this will show you on screen top to what is being recorded. Top right = tuner 1 top left = tuner 2. You can also set the timer recording via EPG on two channels at the same time.
    jbvid
    jbvid

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  3. rsnewman

rsnewman Guest

Thank you jbvideo, this works a treat!
    Now I know how to do what the manual promised I'm really happy with this box. Certainly the best one I've encountered yet!

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes, I to was very impressed. I like the way you can scan through the EPG system even if it is a little slow at times and be able to punch in the 'want to record' programs and forget it. A couple of other things to mention if your remote ever packs up working the AUX key may have been pressed and it kills the remote but the STB key brings it back to life. The one above the yellow key gives P in P and the two arrows next to it change the P in P screens. The speaker icon with the question mark gives option for Nar on/off.
    jbvid

5. rsnewman

rsnewman Guest

LOL, where were you yesterday when it took me over 30 hair pulling mins to figure that out the hard way? :)

6. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Thats how I did it (it took me over 30 hair pulling mins to figure that out the hard way? )lol
    jbvid