1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording youtube to dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Oct 4, 2018.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I installed an app to record youtube url's directly to the dvd burner. The "copy/paste" method is rejected in any similar app as well. I CAN record YT url's to VLC, sometimes, or DEBUT in screen capture. The advantage of VLC is that I can minimize to the tray and still record. For DEBUT the screen must be open at all times during recording. I have 2 desktops so recording with DEBUT on one leaves the other to use. I can use a capture device to capture the same screen through it which WILL allow minimizing but that is awkward. I can also use an external stand alone dvd recorder but that is something I would rather not do.

I decided to record to hdd using VLC or DEBUT on the second desktop. The issue is how do I then record TO the burner FROM the hdd on that same desktop? None of my research has revealed an answer. It must be a simple process. I know how to record FROM optical TO hdd using any recordable app but NOT the reverse.
    HELP!