1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recordnow Max 4.10 or Nero 5.5.10.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gonecrazy, Oct 17, 2003.

1. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Member

I have used Nero 5.5.10 successfully until recently. I have been getting a lot of freezing and skipping on the last few chapters of the dvd. I decided to try Recordnow max but the burn dvds are not recognized in either of my standalones. I am wondering if I am burning them correctly. Which burning software is better? Can someone walk me through burning a disk on one of these programs?

Thanks!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Nero and Recordnowmax guides are avialable at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk

This should point you in the correct direction, very surprised that Recordnowmax has given you this result though....

In Recordnowmax, you need to have 'recognise VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS folders' selected in the data options screen also burn in the TAO closed format.....

This is explained on the link above......I think you have burned it with TAO not closed.....

As for the skipping, this will not be software related I'm afraid....

This could be down to several things:

1. Your standalone may have trouble reading the outer circumference of the disc as error correction is amplified towards the outer circumferences and shows up as skipping/freezing in the last chapters of a movie.......reduce the overall file size to around 4440Mb, this will not take up the FULL disc and probably give you a more stable playback........This problem very rarely shows up whilst playing on a PC.

2. Could just be down to low quality media and a compatibility between media and player.....try another media brand, I always use a Ritek GO4 dye based dvd as these give me best stability and burns....

Hope this helps, the guides at the link should help you sort the Recordnowmax issue, if not post and we'll see what we can do....

3. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

Nero is the one, should be easier and more friendly.

4. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Member

baabaa,

If I reduce the file size in dvd2one to 4440 will it cut off the end of the movie? Is there another way to reduce the file size? I use dvd decrypter, dvd2one and Nero 5.5.10. I tried burning Italian Job 3 times today and each time I played it back on the standalone it started to skip first time around chapter 6, second and third time around chapter 10. The crazy thing is they play perfectly on the PC so I am "assuming" it is not the software. The other odd thing is I burned spy kids 2 on the same type of dvd the other day and it didn't skip or freeze at all in the standalone. So it seems to be intermittent. I know Italian Job is over 2 hours whereas spy kids 2 is not so maybe that is the problem.

Is it possible that the laser on my dvd burner might need cleaned? Could that be the "sudden" cause of skipping/freezing?

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Reducing the file size wont cut any of your video off. It will only compress it further so that it will fit on one DVD.

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

If it is 2 hours or 3 hours it should not make any difference...Pearl Harbour/Green Mile cream it nicely....

In Dvd2one you can manually select the total file size - user defined 1 and alter it to 4440Mb and use variable compression.....

And as Oriphus posted
    That is the good test, if it plays in the PC, you can pretty much guarantee that there are no physical bad burns on the dvd......

The problem can only be, the media compatibility with your standalone or it does not like the outer circumference of the disc.....

Or even a dirty optic (but this would be evident on several dvd's, if not all)...

7. koola

koola Guest

If you wanna cram 4440Mb on on DVD, make sure you have some good quality DVD's as I have found in previous burns, Princo discs fu*k up right at the end as the disc is badly manufactured toward the edge of the disc.
    I now use Riteks and make perfect copys every time!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD BackUp Info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    DVD Guides and Tools: http://www.simpleguides.tk

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2003
  8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yeah, Princo's are known for this, but depending on action movies - sometimes Princo go through Ok at 4440Mb, but you want to settle on a brand, without having to keep buggering about with file sizes just to suit the media used.......

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

ill finish that for you.........Ritek

10. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo guys, just a personal encounter to share. I bought a HP DVD200e writer and the bundle softwares basically are conflicting with both Nero and Easy CD Creator. The only software that is running fine is RecordNow Max. So for me is not so much of whether Nero or RecordNow Max is better but which one of them is not conflicting with the rest of my programs.

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Cheers Oriphus, hope it wasn't too taxing for you to finish it off, you can put your feet up now and have a beer on me.....LOL

12. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Member

I bought some Maxell oems today and burned Bionicle The Movie for my son. It burned perfectly! Hopefully this is the answer!

13. berny

berny Member

Its most likely easy cd creator, as i am running nero 6 and record now 4.5 w/o probs.

P.S. why do you need 3 burning apps?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  14. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

nero is known for problems, I use orlogix record now max 4.5 , excelent dvd burning program , plus I use ritec for copying , princo sucks big time , cheap and nasty , buy cheap , buy twice as they say ,avoid the head ach buy ritec and avoid nero