1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recordnowmax

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by baabaa, Apr 18, 2003.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

God I am not a happy bunny

I am having loads of problems with this software.

All I want to do is burn a dvd data disc, so that I can add to it (multisession)
    I have emailed the authors 15 times - not one reply, I even went on their forum AND they haven't got a bloody clue!!!!!!

Can anyone help me out, my learning has all come from afterdawn, so I am back home.

My specs:
    Windows ME
    1.0Gb cpu
    384Mb RAM
    LG GCC-4120B cdrw/dvdrom combi
    LG GDR-8161B dvdrom
    Pioneer A03 dvdrw

I cannot get recordnowmax to create the disc, the basic problem seems to be I can only read the very first groups of files I burn to the dvd-r.

Now I understand that some dvdroms have trouble in reading multisessions, and only read the first session.

Is this my problem do you think, as I find it hard to believe that ALL 3 drives cannot?

If it is the problem how can I overcome it, update firmware perhaps, my A03 has just been updated with the latest version and still no joy.

any pointers would be a blessing, funny people here generally get coasters from movie backups, not me mine are all just crappy data ones (college work,downloads)

Thanks in advance

2. T2K

T2K Guest

are you only having this problem with stomp record now max??

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes, I used to use nero to create multisession cd's.

Then migrated to recnowmax, and can still do multisession cd's but not dvd's.

I have since found out that the dvd I have produced (multisession) IS actually a multisession however my pc will not read more than the first session.

I now know that Windows ME has a problem reading multisession dvd's, but cannot find any solution to it EXCEPT upgrading to XP.

I have mailed veritas/stomp/sonic/orlogix regarding this problem and they haven't got a clue about solving it.

I have also BLASTED them cos on their website it quite clearly states the software IS compatible with ME, however AFTER you purchase their software, there is a small text file embedded saying:

8. Windows 98/ME does not read multi-session DVDs properly
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 98/ME systems can only read the first session recorded to an
    appendable DVD disc. If you open an appendable
    DVD on a Windows 98/ME system and some files appear to be missing, try
    opening the disc on a computer running a different operating system.

Now I ask you, this information SHOULD be provided BEFORE purchase and means it is clearly not COMPATIBLE.

And inserting it another computer IS a ridiculous solution, am I supposed to go round to someones house to read the contents everytime, I believe that is what their saying.

Anyway sorry to just ramble on, but this softwares compatibility sucks and as you can guess, has given me the hump.

I have 2 options left:

1. upgrade to XP - cannot justify upgrading as yet, just to solve the problem.

2. find a possible patch etc to fix it within ME, I have looked at microsoft for some possibilities but it seems to be a minefield and nothing related to multisession problems that I can find.(am I looking in the right place?)

Can you think of another solution OR a microsoft fix?

Thankyou for responding, much appreciated.

4. T2K

T2K Guest

maybe you should stick with a dvd-rw disc to rewrite on, not sure what kind of disk your righting..a dvd-video disk requires you to close and finalize to be able to play on dvd player. If you’re righting just a data disk you should be able to use it as a multisesion dvd-r.

"most DVD-ROM drives cannot read multisession DVD-R media today.Until DVD-ROM drives have a multiread standard so that they can read both single-session and multisession discs. (the current initiative is called Multiplay)"

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I take your point.

It is just 'data' I want to back up - college assignments/internet downloads/other information etc and not dvd video.

My drives that I am using are all capable of reading multisession dvd's, this information came from the manufacturers and I have also gone as far as removing one of them and putting it in another machine with XP on and trying it -which works fine.

It looks like I shall have to upgrade I think, something I didn't really want to do.

Anyway thankyou for your time and responses.