1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recover Lost Partition

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MassiMcK, Jan 20, 2008.

1. MassiMcK

MassiMcK Member

As sarcasticly as possible i am a genius.

I have a 250Gb Lacie MacDrive, i was using the MacDrive 6 software on XP and i had no problems, until i tried using the HDD in an iMac OS X, and it didnt recognise it.

So i plug it back into my PC, only to get an error 'you must delete either the mac partition or the other partitions' and dumbo here clicked delete the Mac Partition.

So...no i have a lot of data that i cannot access!!

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated, thanks

MassiMcK_

2. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

What filesystem was the deleted partion using? Was it a windows based partition or a mac based partition?

3. MassiMcK

MassiMcK Member

Thanks for the fast reply, it was a Mac NFS File System

4. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

First off, do NOTHING with the drive. If you run scandisk etc or access the hardrive in windows, you will more than likely do greater harm than good.

You can get software to restore a deleted partition on drives for the mac HFS and HFS+ file systems. I have heard good things about this place, but equates to about £70 for the software.

You can also check out this place which seems slightly more expensive.

You may want to try similar products for the mac and see if you can get something cheaper that way?

Let us know how you get on