1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recover lost pictures

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by elakid, Mar 27, 2007.

1. elakid

elakid Guest

I didn't know where else to post this so here it goes.

Okay here's what I did. I was planning on using my Sony Vaio recovery to start fresh with my laptop. I was in windows and chose the neccessary settings after that the computer restarted and I remembered I had some very precious pictures still on there. Before the agent could get to 1% i stopped the computer and wouldn't let it begin its process. What can I do to recover these files. Everytime I boot the computer it wants to continue with the recovery process. The hard disk only shows up as a 5 gig partition so is there a chance the pictures might be available?? thanks for your help.

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

Theres not many options to get stuff off of your hd. you can pay someone to fix it or you can hook it up to another computer as a slave and then take them off. If you tried to recover due to a virus then i dont recommend step 2 because u might give you other computer a virus. If you have another computer and u didnt recover from a virus or did but just dont care reply and ask for more info on how to hook it up as a slave. Unless you already know how to do this. good luck.