1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovering Partions

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by DusTLuv, Sep 19, 2012.

1. DusTLuv

DusTLuv Member

Hello Everyone,

So I accidentally formatted 1.5TB off of my external HDD. I'm currently running ParetoLogic Data Recovery to fix the problem. Now it has found a lot of files and still is doing so but is it possible to recover the lost data into it's original folders? It has found the folders as well but I need the data to go in otherwise I won't know what file goes where since they are mostly programs. A lot will probably share the same name too.

So essentially 1. Can they be restored into their original folders and 2. What are the best programs

Thanks in advance!

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

That can be done. I had a similar problem, but i forget what i did to fix it.
    Try out GetDataBack for NTFS. They have it for FAT, too. One of the recovery scenarios is Systematic File System Damage I.E. format or fdisk
    it is at least at ver. 4.00

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

do a forum search for others that ask for data recovery ddp has listed numerous links to recovery software

getdataback is NOT free & extremely expensive however it is the one i use,tho i didn't buy it get my drift

ok you know not to recover data to the drive your attempting to retrieve from,so you'll need another hdd DO NOT WRITE TO THE DAMAGED DRIVE ONLY READ

data recovery software will automatically recover to folders that data was contained in however if you did a destructive reformat & not quick you may run into naming problems etc,so the recovery software should place all files in correct folder

if getdataback can't retrieve data or whatever it's safe to assume data is gone you may however now attempt partition recovery by using minitool or easeus both are free do this as a last resort

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member