1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recovery CDs for a Sony Vaio PCV-RS430G

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by elijahjt, Jan 7, 2007.

1. elijahjt

elijahjt Member

I'm looking for the Recovery CDs for a Sony Vaio PCV-RS430G. Can anyone help me out? Sony doesn't have it and my recovery Media Kit won't work.

2. geburuh

geburuh Regular member

Did you make a recovery kit when you first opened windows?
    Your system restore on computer will not work?
    They don't make a recovery disk for your computer!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  3. porchmasi

porchmasi Member

I aswell lost my recovery cds, BUT DONT WORRY THERE IS A CURE!

When the pc boots u must press umm either F12 or F11 .. try all the F keys

and it will invoke the Sony Recovery App and will restore default programs/format ur pc to how it originally was :) No need for the recovery cd when one is built into the pc already hope i helped

4. elijahjt

elijahjt Member

Thank you. I was able to get my system back up. But, I had to do a clean install of WinXP. Nothing else would work. Then I downloaded the original drivers from the Sony support site and then was able to recover the applications from disc 1 of 1 from the Recovery Media Kit, I initially made when I purchased the computer. I'm ok, now. Thanks again, and here's what to do for anyone else that finds themselves in this situation. ejt

5. jaidexl

jaidexl Member

Just popped in to clear up all the options for recovering any vaio, the recovery partition can be a god send or it can be a nightmare mainly because nobody knows about it and nobody burns the discs.

First, boot into f10 (tap tap tap) to start a recovery. If that doesn't work, you either formatted your hdd before and lost the partition, your hdd is shot, or you're one of the few unlucky blokes to have a screwy partition. Check the Sony Direct Accessories website for a recovery kit, if they don't have them, check sonyrecovery.com, an off shoot of pcrecovery.com, all the oldies. If they don't have them and you can't find them through exstensive web searches, either do as elijahjt did or send the unit to sony for a reimage. At the moment a reimage costs anywhere from 120 to 170 dpending on fedex shipping costs back to your house, this will also replace the partition so that you can go into vaio recovery in the control panel and burn a copy for whenever you need to replace your hdd.

Don't ask how I know all this so well, let's just say I wish sony would supply all recovery kits for free, it would make my life alot easier.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007