1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red light Issue On Headphone jack (Asus N53S)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by upNup, Nov 4, 2014.

1. upNup

upNup Newbie

2. upNup

upNup Newbie

do you really think a driver issue is responsible for a red light switching on or off ? I mean the jack itself works for using as a regular headphone jack but not for digital hookup so when I connect to tosslink cable, there is no red light..

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

it is either a software issue or a hardware issue, software can be reloaded but hardware means take the laptop apart to fix or live with the problem, which do you want it to be.

4. upNup

upNup Newbie

I have not added or replaced any hardware so it must be software I guess...what is stange to me is that with millions of users, I have not been able to find this exact issue in many forums I searched...regardless of the laptop maker or model (non Mac)...as I mentioned before..the only "red light" issue I found was for Mac Books

5. ddp

reinstall both the intel & nvidia video drivers.

6. upNup

upNup Newbie

just did.. no change, i called ASUS again and they told me to reset Bios but the no S/PDIF to switch on or off in the "advanced" section of Bios...does anyone know if i need to tinker with the Bios at this point..it seems like all else has failed..Oh btw, the red light does not come on during boot either...for the record.

rgrds

7. ddp

do as asus says about bios.

8. upNup

upNup Newbie

As i mentioned in previous response...i got into the Bios but this supposed option to "switch S/PDIF on or off" is nowhere to be seen.. i also checked the "advanced"..to see if it may be hidden there but no dice.

9. upNup

upNup Newbie

I woke up today to find out that I have the red light back again...the strange thing is I don't know what I did to enable it again...thanks for all those who took the time to respond.

unNup