1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesigned XBITmod chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by mbrenke, Dec 4, 2004.

1. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

i purchesed a xbit mod chip a while go for my xbox and got it to work just fine, but one of my friends just purchesed one on 12/2/04 and the mod chip is completely different than mine. supposedly dms redesigned the mod chip. i tired to flash the chip the same BIOS that are on my xbit except witht the xbit v1.5 flash software but couldnt get it to work so i took the mod chip out of my xbox and put it in his thinking that the thompson drive would load evox so when i went to put the chip back in my xbox it wouldnt work so i then reinstalled the chip into my freiends xbox and was able to flash it no problem and get evox working on it. so i put the the v1.5 chip in my xbox and i cant get it to work. I m not sure if im flashing it wrong or if my xbox could possibly be messed up or if i need different BIOS to put on it. please help!

2. dokiso

dokiso Member

i am having the same exact problem, i have the xbit V 1.0 on my V 1.0 Xbox, and i ordered a new Xbit chip(V1.5) and did the same exact things u r saying, i flashed it and the computer shows that the chip is being flashed. also when i put it in, and turn on my xbox the green light on the chip comes on which i assume means its supposed to be working, if u get it working please let me know, same here if i get it working i will let u know

3. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

4. mbrenke

mbrenke Guest

Dokiso, Did your XBIT v1.5 come with an extra wire that the v1.0 didnt? it plugs into the XBIT and then connects to the yellow wire that replaces the one taht connects to the motherboard and then to the disc drive. IF yours came with this let me know, and if do you know if you have to use it? thanks

5. dokiso

dokiso Member

yes it came with that extra wire and i tried to use it, but it overheats the chip, i was thinking about soldering it instead of using pogopins but am not risking it coz am no sure if the chip itself is fake or what, and every where i look for install guides they only show the Xbit v1.0 install, i even tried the chip in various xbox version and still nothing

6. havock27

havock27 Guest

did anyone figure this out.. im having the same issue.. my xbit will not work and it has that extra wire.. and i have it plugged in.. ive flashed the bios.. with evox m8..