1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reencoding xvid video with subtitles

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by FZRaven, Feb 7, 2004.

1. FZRaven

FZRaven Guest

ok i have some anime shows that are subtitled now when they encoded them they did a piss poor job they look real good but file size is way to big. i want to reencode them to a smaller size but eery time i do no matter what settings i try the subtitles look like shit. is there a filter to help wit this or some method i should use? on a side note ther fansubs stuff you cant get over here so i'm not ripping anyone off.

2. Mattr0x0r

Mattr0x0r Member

Did you encode those animes with the subtitles yourself? I'd really like to know how to do that. I know how to rip both vob and subs, i know how to encode vob to divX. I also know you can play the two seperate files with a player.. But that's not what i want, i want one file, i don't care about the quality..

3. FZRaven

FZRaven Guest

no i downloaded them that way. but it is easy to add subtitles you just need to get the subtitle filter.then you use a program to time the subtitles ans choose positions and fonts all thats stuff then it exports a script that you load with your subtitle filter and it encodeds them rigt into the film.

4. Mattr0x0r

Mattr0x0r Member

Any suggestions on what program i might use to do that? As far as i can tell, none of the programs here do that.