1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reformat F drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by krj15489, Jan 20, 2007.

1. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ok so this morning i reinstalledd the softmod on my xbox becuase i had a realy crappy one on there. i got it installed and then i wanted to play a game but it said my games folder was empty. then i looked at my f drive and it said only 26gb. i have 145gb on my f drive so i am confused. all my games movies and music are gone and i dont know how to set my drive up agian so i have all of my 145gb back. if someone could tell me how to format that without loosing the data on my c and e drives that would be very helpful.

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Take your F drive out of you XBOX conect it to your PC, then go to my computer, righ click on it and go down to formatt, thats all you have to do it should work!

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Not sure if this will be of any use but it might be worth a shot if you want to recover any files,once you've installed undelete to the comp you can use it to search for any recoverable files on the xbox hdd or any other partitions on any hdd etc http://www.undelete-plus.com/ it's free for personal use

If you find for whatever reason the partition is gone, norton partition magic 8.0 (it's a good app unlike some of their other stuff) or some other similar app maybe able to recover that partition for you if it's been deleted,whatever you do do not write anything to the problem drive as it will make recovery harder or impossable

EDIT: If a drive partition can't be read check in disk management that it has not been hidden,by rights i would'nt think the ol' pox could hide a drive but i'll throw that out there,either way, if there is no missing partition showing up in disk management Partmagic is your only hope of recovery
    goodluck

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

so this program can help me recover lost files on my xbox hard drive? i think i will try that

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You need to install the xbox hdd as a secondary slave drive or better still shove it in a USB external case,once the comp detects it you'll need to restart the comp (if the popup tells you too) then just use "administartive tools" then select "computer management" then select "disk management",you'll get a list of installed HDD's and any partitions on them,if you see "unknown" in any of the partitions it will mean that partition is hidden,in which case an app like norton partmagic can unhide it,if however the partitions are all listed you should be able to recover any or all files without having to piss about with undelete,you then can backup that partition to another hdd or dvd-rom,cd-rom etc

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  6. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

ok that sounds great but i thought that windows coulnt read the fat partitions that the xbox uses. or should i just use linux?