1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reformat hdd

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gamename, Mar 4, 2005.

1. gamename

gamename Regular member

i would like to know if there are any threads or internet sites that tell you how to burn your hard drive clean and reformat it.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

its not very tough to do, but there are different options depending. do you want to format your system drive? and are you planning on installing windows on to it? If so, after backing up your personal files, just restart your computer, and insert your windows installation disk. Make sure your computer boots to the disk. (You'll see a blue screen while windows setup is loading, takes a few minutes to load all the drivers.) Select the option to do a clean install. You also have the option to delete your HD partition, which will then reformat your HD and procede to install windows.

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

i didnt get a windows disc with my pc.i had a friend that installed a new hdd.somehow he put windows xp sp2 back on it.he actually put my registered version back on it.i donot have the original hp backup on it now.is there another software i can get to backup all of my operating system?