1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding Thread Titles

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by vurbal, Dec 25, 2006.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

No probelm Larry....if you read the first post on the first page of this thread you should go far in creating threads at afterdawn. Happy surfing.

2. radar420

radar420 Guest

ya thanks for closing my thread u edited by ddp if my title is against the rules u can tell me like u just did but y would u close the thread u edited by ddp if i can change the title myself and keep the thread going now i gotta write out a whole new thread thanks to u

u think i like being here waiting for answers to get my psp fully working again ur a edited by ddp im not a edited by ddp nerd edited by ddp like u i dont no how this dumb edited by ddp works all i want is my edited by ddp psp fixed n maybe it would be by now if u didnt close my edited by ddp thread... if u left a simple edited by ddp message saying "change your thread title" i wouldnt be here bitching at u right now

i leave tomorrow morning to edited by ddp farmlands for a few weeks to work... no computer or nothing for a week the edited by ddp least 1 wanted to bring is this edited by ddp psp but nooooooooooooooo its edited by ddp broken

now im making a edited by ddp thread with the same title u delete it i edited by ddp put cyanide in ur favorite meal arite gtfo let a noob be edited by ddp helped u got it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2008
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang can i have the power for a quick one time ban....lol

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

radar420, lightning struck!!!! post edited.

rob, nope as is all mine!!!

5. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

There's the lightning...i was waiting for it.

Nice editing job buddy, it make the post more colorful. :)

6. ddp

7th, not enough color, need some yellow & purple in there i think.

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

some people just dont get it.....i crack up at stuff like that.... you can disagree with some even have a shouting match but damn,,,that was way out in left feild somewhere...rotflmfao...

i think theres a song in that some where....lmao

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  8. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I agree ddp...maybe some light pastels to offset the black on red ensemble. :)

@rob
    i agree man, it's funny in a really sad kind of way. That guy/girl has other issues than a few closed threads methinks.

9. Kynethra

Kynethra Guest

i just had my thread closed after asking about custom firmware. i admit that i am a firmware noob hence the question. i didnt think that my thread title was against any rules until i was directed to them by creaky. i am half tempted to give my question another shot. now i know about this will use it to my advantage.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

That is what titles are for... I don't think a library would be a very useful place if every book was brown and called "some pages with words" and written by "a.person"

Though in the case of Ludlum books it would help.. "A large collection of pages with lots and lots of words" or "not for the easily bored"

[​IMG]

11. Eramek

Eramek Member

I see now that it was unintelligible to make my thread title "Please Help." I should have know that, mainly because in the past I would become angry at people who did that on my old forum. I, however, do think the thread title has to have some indication of "assistance needed." Would making the thread title, for example, Animal Crossing AR Problem be alright?

12. varnull

varnull Guest

AR? guess action replay?? yeah.. much better..

You might still get the .. "duh I ar hidingz" quips, but in the right place (and after having a search first) it should get a solution within a couple of answers.

It always tickles me that people think that by just bleating "help me" they will get help. They should try the linux mailing lists and bugtrackers with an approach like that ;) Damn.. those guys even want your blood group and shoe size XD (AB+ and 8 for anybody interested)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  13. ddp

Eramek, that is what happens when you don't read or follow the forum rules.
    7. Describe your problem specifically -- including the thread topic, because this helps people who are willing to answer to you.

14. Eramek

Eramek Member

Yea I know. I was so eager to get into the forum and start posting that I almost forgot that there are always rules :)

15. ddp

& that is why you got jumped on.

16. LukeWiggy

LukeWiggy Guest

ye but MR MOD MAN the only reason there is forum sites like this is to help noobs, how is this rule, how is it rude? people asking for help what is the problem? if you were a noob MR MOD MAN you would do this (PLEASE HELP MY PSP HAS PROBLEM) etc wouldn't you?, you are taking advantage of being a mod. PERIOD

EDIT 1:- And it looks like the people who dont like this rule get banned also..

EDIT 2: Reading on the MODS seem to have nothing to do but moan, ban, edit, and kiss Staff bottom,, YOU CAN BAN ME FOR MY OPINION BUT THAT WILL SHOW USERS EXCATLY WHAT I MEAN!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

LukeWiggy - this thread was last updated in July, so your point for replying is helpful how, exactly ?

18. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I suspect this is due to one of my tears throught the console forums the other nite.

19. LukeWiggy

LukeWiggy Guest

See........ why stickied then its not that important then YOU ARE BORED!

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@loco - Ah i see; so you 'tearing' thru has left some 'tears' then :)

[​IMG]

i'm 39 years old, i never get bored, there's always lots to do somewhere or other. Keeping the mind busy comes with age..

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008