1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region 2 burnt to Region 1 format - How?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by KarlB, Sep 26, 2004.

1. KarlB

KarlB Guest

Hi there,

Firstly, hello all, this is my first post and this is a great site :)

My girlfriend has just moved to the USA for a couple of months and being the soap buff she is I have been asked to record her favourite soap (Coronation Street), now I have a DVD recorder so recording the actual show is not a problem but how do I re-record the show via my computer to record to Region 1?

So when I rip the DVD it transfers them to the .vob format which I don't know what to do with. Do I need to convert this to something else?

On my PC I have Sony Vegas, AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2. Can any of these do this? Any guidance on how to do this would be appreciated.

My PC DVD writer is of course Region 2.

Hope you can help.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Many thanks
    Karl[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2004
  2. tijerl

tijerl Member

just visit dvd hacks and get the code to multi region her dvd player problem solved

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

When you rip a DVD with DVD Shrink it has a check box option asking what region you would like your disc to be.

Not sure if this requires a "region free" burner or will work on any burner.

Adder.

4. KarlB

KarlB Guest

Hi there,

Is there such a thing as a region free burner? If so I would be interested to know what is :)