1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

region codes

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by scribbla, Sep 23, 2002.

1. scribbla

scribbla Member

i know you can region patches for your dvd rom player for a pc . i was wondering if there are such code sor stand alone dvd players?? if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be grate. thanks scribbla

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

There is no software I am aware of, as that would require connection to a PC in order to change the region coding. However, many shops, for example on Tottenham Court Road in London and able to 'chip' these machines with some special hardware attached to a Notebook. This is much like the chipping of Japanese Playstations and Saturns which used to go on.

If you live outside UK, I am sure you will still find other shops in your neck of the woods.

Best of Luck.

Paul.

3. dalboy

dalboy Member

4. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Some players allow for their firmware to be upgraded via an image burnt on to a CD-R. I bought a Magnavox unit recently that has this feature and provides de-marco and multi-region hack via the patched firmware, downloaded over the net. Again, it all depends on your player and its Hackability. Dalboy's link probably is a good start.