1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Codes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kathy999, Aug 25, 2004.

1. kathy999

kathy999 Guest

I recently bought some movies from UK and US. I live in Australia and I thought I would have a problem with Region Codes. As I have a All Region stand alone DVD player,they all played OK. When I backed them up, most of them were fine except 1 - The Italian Job. It was the first time I was asked about the region codes. I use DVD shrink and DVD Decrypter. I read through the forums looking for why this happened and on one of them it said that DVD shrink removes the region codes. As I continued with burning the movie, it changed me from region 4 to region 1. After that, I put in a region 4 movie and everything worked fine (no problem with region codes). In reality, I should have been asked for region codes before and since copying The Italian Job. Why did it only do this for the one movie?? If I am using these programs, would it not normally ask for this and was perhaps a "one off"? Or can I expect this problem from time to time? If so, is there any software programs that solve this problem? I read about the patches but I am not keen to do this as there are risks and I would probably stuff it up. Please help as I am completely confused and I dont understand why this has happened. I dont want to end up being stuck on region 1. Thanks

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

I beleive region 1 is for US dvd players. If your movie is of another region I think Shrink will ask you if you would like to convert to region 1. If you would like to permantly end your region problems I strongly recommend a program called dvd Region Free.
    Good Luck, strone

3. ispy

ispy Regular member

A programme called AnyDVD is perfect for making your rip/burns region free,it also works on protected CD,s you can DL a trial version from the AD software tab.It,s well worth buying after the trial ends.
    Regards ispy

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

or dvd43 v1.4 with patin couffin drivers. Does the same thing, only cheaper (FREE)

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member