1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Coding

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Hellblaze, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Hellblaze

Hellblaze Guest

Hi
    I have just tried to back up 1 of my Region 1 dvds and my Dvd player on my computer says I have only 2 more attempts at changing the Region Coding,and then it will be fixed to the last region entered.
    Is their a way around this?
    Regards

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

you can only change the drive region like 5 times
    And the it locks on the last setting.

if you can decrypt to your hdd with dvd decrypter
    And remove all the region protections that way first.

then re-burn without any region settings.

I dont believe there is any way around it.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

1) Some people are writing up firmwares that would get rid of the region code thing permanently. But you have to search on the net yourself and USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

2) Another alternative is to install programs like DVD43 or Anydvd. When they work, your pc would recognize the discs inserted to be region free (and not encrypted too).

3) The last resort: just don't change the region code anymore for no matter what! *_*

Happy DVD burning!

4. scorpi

scorpi Member

Hello to all
    I am having a similar problem but the strange thing is only my benq dvd dw1620 gives me that problem. I can burn dvds with my external ok but when i use the benq the dvd cannot play back on a regular dvd player. I get a check region code message. Does anyone know why this is happening. Is there a way to make this burner more useful because right now it has been a dvd nightmare, thanks

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

1) So can the benq burn?

2) Which ripping method/burning program have you been using?

6. scorpi

scorpi Member

The benq burns no problem. But I cannot play back the dvd on my aiwa home dvd player it gives me a message to check region code. I have dvd43 and it works fine on all other burners but the benq seem to have some fault with it. I am using dvd shrink with nero. If you have any suggestions please let me know, san this burner be trash?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Gentlemen,

Burners have nothing at all to do with regions.

Using a driver-type decrypter "masks" the region and encryption -proggys like DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink physically do the job and it is then done and done.

My suggestion, use the "top-of-the-line" AnyDVD and DVDD- you'll do fine.

As for your burners, you'll find out about them in the backup you burn (or don't burn) BUT it doesn't have a thing to do with regions.

I've had burners for better than 4 years and I still have 4 changes to go.

LQqk elsewhere for trouble with your burners.

Cheers,

8. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

O.K., so you have DVD43, Shrink, and Nero installed. Now DVD43 works before Shrink or Nero, so if you see that green smiley face, and if you're not burning the new tough-to-beat movies, then DVD43 should have taken care of the region code and copy-protection problems. In that case, the fact that your DVD player is giving you the 'region code' message would actually mean something else (e.g. media problem, compatibility between burner, player, hardware, and software etc.).
    On the other hand, besides DVD43, Shrink also tackles the region code and copy protection problem. So if you had ripped with Shrink, and burnt successfully with Nero, then the problems should also have been gone. In that case, you would be certain that the message would mean something else. And again, compatibility would most likely be the cause.

9. scorpi

scorpi Member

hey thanks alot guys scf_au and scubaPete i have done pretty much most of those things.I guess i have a faulty burner. I have an external burner that burns no problem using dvd43and dvdshrink with dvd decrypter. When i do the same exact process using my internal benq, the end result is not the same somehow that dvd cannot play back on my home player. I will do some test with other players to see if it si just a compatability problem

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

scorpi,

Temporally install the burner in another PC (in case it is a compatibility issue) and see if the problem continues - if it does - trash the burner :)

"P"

11. scorpi

scorpi Member

ScubaPete
    Thanks for the advise, sounds like a good idea. Havn't had the chance yet to try it but when I do I'll let you know what happens.

12. scorpi

scorpi Member

scubaPete
    I think the problem I am having could be my home dvd player's(aiwa dv-380)compatability with the benq. I had that player for a while now maybe its time to get a new player. I noticed that I am able to play the dvd's burnt with the benq on my playstation, laptop and desktop computer so it might just be that aiwa that does not agree with my benq. If I could crack the region code on my home player then it might work, but I guess I will invest in a all regions dvd player.

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

scorpi,

You are probably correct.

May I suggest an investment in something like a Cyber-Home ($39.99(USD) everywhere and sometimes on sale as a special $34.99 OR even $29.99 after a rebate. Todays cheaper-than-dirt DVD Players will play a dirty dinner plate they are so good. Buying something expensive isn't necessary anymore -

Keep the extra $$$ in your pocket and enjoy,

Pete

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  14. scorpi

scorpi Member

ScubaPete
    Sounds like a plan. I think I'll do exactly that seeing that my funds are low. Thanks alot

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

My pleasure :)

Pete