1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

region free

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by adw, Sep 18, 2004.

1. adw

adw Guest

ive backed up a heap of my dvd collection and they all work fine on the pc but i just got a new dvd plyr that wont play them. on the back of the dvd playr the region is 4 does this mean all my dvds are fkd and have to redo them as region 4 or get a new dvd playr thanks if u can help me

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Well that one is your call

What is easier for you

new DVD player or Reburning???

you might also see if there is a region free CODE
    you can enter for your DVD Player (do a google search)
    using your model number and region free

give that a shot,

I guess now you know what to look for when purchasing
    a DVD player (dont feel bad happened to me)

but there you go hope this help you out

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

A clear indication of a region mismatch in standalone players is the fact that they will display the 'check region page' on the TV.

If you do not receive this page, but just a 'no disc' message on the players display or other similar message, it is probably that the player or discs or format or brand or how they were burned that are incompatible..............

The choices are basically the same, reburn them with a software that IS compatible with the player, on discs that are compatible or - take your player back, and with one of the backups to the store and ask them to try it on another machine..................

4. adw

adw Guest

thanks for your help let u know how it goes