1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Issues (PAL on NTSC TV)?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by clickbile, May 1, 2005.

1. clickbile

clickbile Member

Is there any way to make a PAL game run on an NTSC TV? I have a Viper GC and an NTSC TV... I heard something about a PAL to NTSC Action Replay code, which I could use if I could get the code. Does anyone know about this? Thanks...

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

yes there is a pal to ntsc converter code the problem is you must own a action replay to use it and not alot of games use the code you may just want to go out and purchase a new tv that supports both pal and ntsc or get a ntsc to pal or a pal to ntsc coverter box there about 40 to 80 dollers us and about E100.00

3. clickbile

clickbile Member

Ah, but I have the Viper GCN, which can use AR codes. So it's as good as owning an AR. Thanks for the help... Can someone please give me the code? (I hope it works on Ikaruga, or Pikmin 2, since those are 2 PAL games I really want to play on my NTSC TVs.)

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

the pal to ntsc converter code for pikmin 2 only works on the japanese version of pikmin 2 sorry....

as for your other pal title they are currently working on one but no plans have been announced yet as of its realease date thats why if you play alot of imports you may just want to get the japanese version of the game because on games like pikmin 2 they have a japanese to english code and on serveral titles in japan they have that same code but be farwarned all japanese games are in the american ntsc tv format not in pal so if you live in the u.k or another countrie judgeing by the fact you are using a mod chip because you cannot afford games and backups are usally cheaper you may want to find more japanese titles

5. clickbile

clickbile Member

Wait, wait, wait. The PAL to NTSC code only works in Pikmin 2 Japanese version? WHAA? Isn't that already in NTSC, the same video signal as the USA?

Anyways, could I just have any or all PAL to NTSC code(s) that work(s)?

6. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

i know it sounds stupid but the conversion code converts the ntsc version of pikmin 2 from japan to the pal version but if you try to convert the pal version to ntsc it doesn't work worth crap!!!