1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PsiKoTicK, Mar 14, 2005.

1. PsiKoTicK

PsiKoTicK Member

My Landlord has some Region 4 DVDs he got when he was in Brazil. He didn't know he couldn't play them in his standard DVD player. I know DVD Shrink can make the DVD Region free, but I don't want to have to set my region to 4 to get it backed up.

Any suggestions?

I'm using an Asus DVD-Rom and an Asus DL DVD+/-RW drives.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try anydvd . This program runs in the background. It should automatically pull off those region 4 dvds on your pc so you'll be able to rip and then set dvd shrink to region free. This way,you don't have to change the region on your drive-which you are limited to 5 changes. I haven't tried any other region,besides region 1, but read quite a few threads on it working.

Just click on the anydvd link, and download the free 21 day trial.It also helps shrink pull off the newer encryptions. A very handy program. Good Luck

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The other problem you may run into is that the disk is also PAL and not NTSC if you are in the US? There are guides here on AD for that also.. You can get some more info on that DVD with AnyDVD

[​IMG]