1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registry cleaner ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gazzzrt, Mar 26, 2007.

1. gazzzrt

gazzzrt Member

Help, pc is mega slow anybody know of any good cleaner/maintenance programs...

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Firstly, you should run some spyware/virus scans, just to make sure you don't have anything unwanted on your PC. What might be useful is if you read this and post your HiJack This log in the forum there for someone to look at.

As for Registry Cleaners, I reccomend Registry Mechanic. I use it and think it deos a good job.
    You can also de-fragg your HDD. I reccomend O&O defragger. Just google it - there's a free trial you can d/l. Don't use the windows one.. it's awful.

I'm sure others can suggest more reg cleaners/defraggers etc.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Don't know about registry mechanic, i just use Ccleaner and check my registry manually every now and then.
    But O&O defrag is great, though i'd advise you to shelve out some extra cash and for the pro version.
    Spyware cleaning wise, get CWShredder and Spybot S&D, install, update and run, and clean whatever they find.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I can vouch for that. Well worth it.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

6. squijello

squijello Regular member

I have used pretty much every registry tool including Registry Mechanic and have come across a program called Registry Purify which was the only program to find all the obsolete registries and remove them effectively enough not to crash my system.

7. Shardel

Shardel Guest

Just a word of caution. If you haven't used a registry cleaner before
    make sure you know how to use it before running it. A couple of
    years ago when I was just learning, someone suggested running CCleaner. It crashed my whole system and I had to start over from
    scratch. Since then I have learned to handle those programs. Don't
    mean to be a wet blanket but it could save a lot of extra work.

8. bob_hardy

bob_hardy Member

Will ccleaner remove registry files from antivirus programs that have been uninstalled? Long story short, my girlfriends going to be pissed if I dont get kaspersky off of her computer 100%.... she knows how to search the registry...
    If ccleaner doesnt/wouldnt remove all registry files, are there any other suggestions on how to do it?
    Thanks a bunch

9. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Try tuneup utilities. Great program that does it all. You can even get rid of those pesky files that refuse to leave your pc. Great program, been using it for years. There is a free trial available. If you want to go the free route, try ccleaner very nice program also.

10. bob_hardy

bob_hardy Member

Sorry does that mean it will remove all the unwanted registry files from kaspersky?

11. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Correcto. Not only will it do that, it will also defrag your registry.

12. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

bob_hardy, you might check kaspersky's web-site and see if they have a clean tool or call there tech support to remove it completely. I don't think CCleaner will get rid of everything.

i know Evidence Elimintor will remove 100% of everything but its a pay program. i use it and it works very well

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2007