1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registry Problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by proto123, Mar 9, 2007.

1. proto123

proto123 Member

I'm having some problems that are registry related, wondering if it's possible to do a reinstallment of just registry files. Having to format my PC is just a big bother. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Thankxxx!!!

2. rcm999

rcm999 Regular member

You really can't reinstall registry entries without the use of a registry optimizer program which allows you to roll back any changes made to the registry which are causing the problem. You can download various registry cleaning tools (evaluations) that will examine the registry and suggest actions to take to clean out any garbage.

I cannot recommend one over the other right now because I'm in the process of evaluating several. I have used Registry Mechanic in the past, but I'm looking at other options now since my copy will expire in about a week, and I've seen reviews on others that make Registry Mechanic look a little weak.

I'll be posting on another thread asking the folks here for their recommendations, so keep an eye out there too. Lots of helpfuls around here. Good luck on your quest!