1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinstallation cd

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Jul 11, 2010.

1. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

And me too ;)

2. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

OK . Your shenanigans are getting old already . By the way Linux is better and free .

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

okfine, don't worry about it as rtrg is asking if it can be done or not & if it can be done then he'll do 1 machine 1 cd which ms states in their rules.

4. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Thanks for chastising "okfine". No more posts from me on this subject. I promise.

5. ddp

go ahead so others can learn if it can be done or not. seems stupid to have to throw away perfectly good recovery disks if they can be used on another oem or non-oem machine.

6. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Thanks for your support. If and when I come across a non DELL I will try it and post my results. I will first see if the tower is fully functional. If yes than I will replace C drive so I can reuse it. Then try the CD. If yes than I will end up with a working tower again AND a replacement C drive for the same machine AND I will know I can use it on any machine. Will that come in handy. Do not know when, nothing here but I will get something eventually.

7. okfine

okfine Member

Did you read the first post about one having a key the other did not? Did not sound like just one machine? I am not referring to the disks I am referring to the keys? Are you condoning this here?

8. ArmyguyTM

ArmyguyTM Member

9. ddp

okfine, leave it alone.

10. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Is it against the rule to be an annoying prick ? If so can you please suspend or ban okfin .

11. ddp

not on the rules list but will keep an eye on him.

12. ArmyguyTM

ArmyguyTM Member

I'm on to you okfine!!! You are really Bill Gates, aren't you! Get a Life, Bill, geeez! (J/K)

13. FredBun

FredBun Active member

What an intersting and educational thread, until some cop wanna be shows up, hey mister okfine, I mean really the mod already said it's ok by him, he does have commin sense, he knows the rules, but yet you wanna push it.

If you are an employee of misrosoft than say so and tell us about the facts and if you can't or won't than you are being very un-professional, if not please stop playing Mr.Paranoid and let the mod do his job, jezz.

14. tnt1125

tnt1125 Member

I hate to keep this going, but I think okfine has made a valid point here. And has not received a proper answer to his question. The answer needs to come from someone on the board here, other than "leave it alone" to end it. Any time I paid for a program it usually states how many pc's it can be used on

15. FredBun

FredBun Active member

ddp did give a proper answer, if you remember rtrg was asking about how to run his OS not the legality of it, ddp told the man it was ok with him meaning rtrg could continue, okfine got into legal part himself, I would think if one wants to know precisely about these questions one should write or call a microsoft tech, they have more rules that confuse themselves let alone asking someone on an AD board.

16. dailun

dailun Active member

@okfine

AFAIK, it's the license that Microsoft cares about and not the CD that it's installed from.

If you buy Windows and XP and the disk gets damaged or lost the OEM will provide you with one free of charge (or a nominal fee). It's up to you whether or not you have a valid license.

I own all of the license keys that I install to. MS DOES NOT care what the source is.

Ever heard of MSDN? Ever heard of VLK?

Same concept.