1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinstalled windows...now my DVD+R wont burn!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by shdwsfall, Oct 21, 2004.

1. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

My NU Tech ddw-081 DVD+RW worked perfectly before I had to re-install windows XP. After the re-install, I tried to install Nero 6 start smart. This is the first time I ever opend the CD case for it (Nero was pre-installed when I got my puter) And It seemed like it was trying to read the CD but just hung there for like 30 min. before it finally ran the install wizard. After installing Nero, I tried to burn a cd. Everytime I get a write error. The "buffer level" while burning jumps around from 40% to 100%, I dont seem to recall it doing this before...I remember it being at 100% all the time. The "used read buffer" is at a full 100%...that is untill it gets about a min. into the burn process then it jumps to 0%. I tried looking for a buffer underrun protection option, but couldnt find one. So thinkin maybe my cd was bad, I uninstalled Nero, then downloaded the trial version and just entered in my CD key on the trial version after installing from that. Same problems. Then I tried to burn with windows media player. WMP burns audio CD's fine, but when I tried to burn a data CD with it, It said something like..."error, cd could not be completed" or something like that. I looked for an updated driver, but couldnt find one, it seems windows autoloads the driver automatically after I re-installed windows XP. I removed the burner from my device manager, then rebooted...it found the new hardware and installed it...but still same problems. This is killing me....any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Just found a fix guys. I unistalled my IDE controller in the device manager. I have heard alot of people say they have problems with their DVD burners after re-installing windows...I strongly suggest that you try to uninstall the IDE controller.