1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinstalled XP

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by gpb42, Apr 25, 2005.

1. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

I got this stuff to work before, then I had to reinstall XP because of too much 'clutter'.
    Anyway, I installed the right driver I believe, got the download of MPT, unfortunately I think I told my computer to not try and install the software for my v551, and I believe I need it. Now it will not prompt me to install the software at all. Do I need that stuff? If so how do I do it. If not, what am I doing wrong?

2. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

wow, mossyy is on vacation(?) and all hell breaks loose, can't even get a reply

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

HaHa i was ya in a vacation for one day awya from the computer, and guess what found 67 emails from afterdawn, god help me... anyway back to ur problem do u wanna install the MPT or P2Kamn??

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

I would like to install MPT

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

to be honest with u, i have read ur problem too manyh times couldnt find the exact problem, so do me a favour and clear for me!!!!

6. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

Hope you had a good one day vacation, and...what do I clear?

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

tell ur problem in general with details??

8. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

I had mpt working fine with my phone and what not. Then I had to reinstall XP because of various reasons. So I believe I downloaded the correct driver as specified in one of these threads, installed it, then I downloaded mpt. However, when the computer asked me to install the software for the phone I forgot what I had done before, so I hit 'ignore' and 'don't ask again'. Now, I plug the phone in, it doesn't prompt me to instal the phone's software, and mpt will not work, it doesn't sync with my phone. Is there a way to fix this? Would it be easier to start from scratch again? If so, how do I do that(without reinstalling XP, what a hassle that is)?