1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinstalling IE6 in XP

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by misty2055, Jan 22, 2007.

1. misty2055

misty2055 Member

I have been using IE7 and would prefer to roll back to IE6 as a few sites have not been loading properly. I have tried using Add/Remove which deletes IE7 but IE6 does not appear to be fully functional now.

I cannot use the Windows Update site as I get a message that Microsoft has encountered a problem and cannot load the page. Also pages seem slower to load.

I have noticed from Forums I have visited that IE6 can be downloaded but not recommended for XP Service Pack 2. I still have my setup disc. Can I reinstall from that and how do I go about it?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

www.oldversion.com

3. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

One thing that might work, is to use Add/Remove Programs, then Add/Remove Windows Components. Select IE from the list. Follow thru with the next prompts. When done...reboot. Then go back and recheck the selection. Have your XP CD w/SP2 handy.

4. misty2055

misty2055 Member

Thanks, I will try the Add/Remove again. I presume I will be prompted to install again from the disc?

Thanks also for the link to the older versions.

5. mramirez

mramirez Member

Yes, this works....I have done this many times.