1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinstalling Windows XP with MediaDirect on a Dell E1505

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by OneTiger, May 25, 2007.

1. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

I am thinking of reformatting and reinstalling my windows xp OS on my fairly new dell inspiron E1505. I have several problems. One. I've never done it before. Two. I know nothing about creating partitions which is something that you need to do when also installing the MediaDirect software. Three. I don't really want to run the microsoft updates afterwards which seem to be a necessity. The reason I don't is I don't really want microsoft to have open access to my computer whenever they want. That I have a real problem with.

I do have the full coverage on my computer and could just call, but they are all foreign and I CANNOT understand thier accent! I could also send it in but then THEY would run the windows updates installing the patches 892130 and 905474 installing Windows genuine advantage and giving them access to my computer which as I said I would like to avoid at all costs.

The reasons I would like to reformat is I have had an error screen of something along the lines of "driver_not_equal_or_less_than" which I cannot find support for. Also I'd like to remove all of the crap that came with this computer that I do not use or need.
    Sooo, if this made any sense to anyone and you could help me I'd GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks so much!

2. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

I forgot to say that the error i'm getting the "driver not equal" one, is a blue screen that you have to restart the computer from.

I hope this is the right forum for this and please point me in the right direction if it's not.
    I'd appreciate any tips, help or even links to help at this point. Thanks