1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RELAX and XBMP setup

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by eagle17, Jun 17, 2004.

1. eagle17

eagle17 Member

well I found a great tutorial on RELAX and installing it but theres on one problem, not only is my IP static I have no clue how to find my gateway IP. I know I can change my IP by going to tcp/ip properties so that settles that problem but im not sure how to find my default gateway.

2. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

If your connecting your xbox directly to your pc (not using a switch or router), assign the computer whatever address you'd like. Then adjust the default gateway on the xbox with the same address. The pc is the default gateway.
    If your using a router or switch, set static ip to off and on the pc, attain ip automatically. It should configure them automatically (i believe, I haven't actually used a switch/router, so I'm not %100 on their workings with the xbox).

3. eagle17

eagle17 Member

how do I take of static IP, I tryed changing it to use this IP because I found my default gateway but I need the DNS server IP

4. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

You need to ftp into your box and edit the config.xml (I believe that's the file) for xbmp (or xbmc). You should be able to turn static ip off from there.